Governance & Administration
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees directs the work of the Trust. The Trustees normally meet twice a year in March and November to consider the detailed applications for grants.
The Rt. Hon. the Lord Arbuthnot of Edrom – Chairman
Lieutenant General Sir Mark Mans KCB CBE DL
Vice Admiral Sir David Steel KBE DL
Air Marshal Sir Baz North KCB OBE
The Rt. Hon. the Lord Geidt of Crobeg GCB GCVO OBE QSO
Mr John Chatfeild-Roberts
Traditionally, three of the Trustees are senior retired members of the Services, normally former Principal Personnel Officers with a deep understanding of Service personnel issues. The other three Trustees bring a wealth of financial and business experience to the Board.
The only employee of the Trust is the General Secretary who has full responsibility for the day to day administration and accounts of the Trust. He also has overall control regarding the distribution of the allocations made by the Trustees. The current General Secretary is Commander Simon David MBE RN (Rtd).
Registered Email: email@example.com. Tel: Office: 01329 841695.
Other "Nuffield" Organisations
This Trust has no direct connection with the many other charities bearing Lord Nuffield's name, which also owe their existence to his foresight and generosity.
However, to avoid confusion, other Nuffield organisations, and their contact details, include:
- Nuffield Foundation, 28 Bedford Square, London WC18 3EG. www.nuffieldfoundation.org, mainly supporting research projects which advance education or social welfare
- Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust, East Holme Farm, Maresfield, Ucksfield, East Sussex TN22 3AY. Tel: 01825 762 928
- Nuffield Nursing Homes Trust (better known as Nuffield Hospitals, a charitable company responsible for the many Nuffield Hospitals), Nuffield House, 1-4 The Crescent, Surbiton, Surrey KT6 4BN. Tel: 0181 390 1200
- Nuffield Trust for Research and Policy Studies in Health Services (formerly the Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust), 59 New Cavendish Street, London W1W 7RD. Tel: 0207 631 8450, an authoritative and independent source of evidence-based research and policy analysis for improving health care in the UK. They conduct cutting edge research and influential analysis, inform and generate debate, support leaders, and examine international best practice. www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk
- Nuffield Place: the former home of Lord Nuffield. www.nuffield-place.com